How to Make Fufu and Light Soup: African Food – Asikoherbs
What is Fufu and Light Soup
Fufu and light soup is a traditional Ghanaian dish; it’s excellent food that you won’t want to miss out on if you’re a fan of Ghanaian cuisine.
Fufu and Light Soup is a tomato-based soup with a spicy kick. When you have a cold or the flu, a hot cup of light soup is the best medicine. The ideal dinner for a cold night, as well as a warming soup that will warm you from the inside out.
Fufu with groundnut soup, fufu with palm nut soup, and fufu and light soup are the most common fufu dishes in Ghana. In fact, each Fufu dinner is distinguished by the soup with which it is served.
In Ghana, fufu is made by combining cassava and unripe plantains into a dough known as swallow African meal, which is then hand-shaped into a ball and served with a unique soup or sauce.
This is what an Englishman would do if they were going to have roast on Sunday. They would make the soup with Fufu for lunch on the weekend.
It is not only easy to make, but it also goes well with fufu, rice, yam, banku, kenkey, and konkonte. Additionally, boiling okro can be added to it.
This hearty classic soup is available with beef, goat meat, hog meat, chicken, lamb, or mutton.
How to Preparation Fufu and Light Soup|Fufu and Light Soup Recipe
– Chipotle peppers
– Fresh tomatoes
– Fresh fish (tilapia or catfish)
– Angus beef (goat meat, chicken, lamb meat)
– Tomato paste in a tin
– Okro, 4 pcs.
– The bay leaf
– cubes of spice and seasoning
Ingredients for Fufu
- Plantain that isn’t ripe
- Cassava (fresh)
How to Prepare Ghanaian Fufu Meal
Similarly, cassava flour can be substituted for fresh cassava tubers.
1. To begin, peel the skin from the cassava tuber and plantains, then boil for 25-30 minutes until soft.
2. Second, pound it with a mortar and pestle, which is the primary tool for local pounding, or with a yam pounder machine.
3. Begin with the plantain, then add the cassava and pound until a smooth paste is achieved; your smooth fufu is ready.
Serve your tasty Fufu and Light soup.
Fufu and Light Soup Calories.
Fufu has 2 g of protein, 0.1 g of fat, and 84 g of carbohydrate per 100 g dry weight.
A 100 g portion of water contains 267 kcal of dietary energy.
1. To begin, peel the cassava and plantains and boil them for 25-30 minutes.
2. Second, wait 5 minutes before pounding your cassava and plantain.
3. Third, pound the plantain first, then the cassava in a mortar and pestle.
4. Then, sprinkle water on it as you pound it to make it easier to pound and to keep your hands from sticking to the mortar.
5. Finally, combine all of the ingredients and pound until soft. Fufu cannot be consumed as a meal on its own. Serve it alongside the soup.
How to Prepare Ghanaian Light Soup
1. First and foremost, clean your fish. Remove the gills and innards, then rinse and set aside in clean water. After that, wash the meat and set it aside.
2. Second, blend your ginger, garlic, onion, seasoning cube, salt, and spices, then spoon some into the fish to marinade. Cover and set it aside.
3. Pour the remaining blended garlic and ginger combination into the pot with the meat, add the tinned tomato paste, salt, bay leaf, and more water, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Third, wash your tomatoes, onions, and peppers, and remove the pepper stem and onion head.
5. Fill a clean pot halfway with fresh tomatoes, onions, and pepper, then add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
6. Remove the fresh tomatoes, peppers, and onions from the heat and blend them. Make sure not to throw away the boiled water from the tomatoes; instead, use it to blend the tomatoes or pour it into the meat to add extra water.
7. Finally, bring the soup to a low heat for about 15 minutes before adding the fresh fish; clean your okra/okro and add it to the cooking pot, cover, and cook until done.
8. Optional: Sieve the soup if you want it to be clear and light; otherwise, skip this step.
The light soup is done.