Light Soup Ghana Recipe: Easy Step Soupe-Asikoherbs
What is Light soup Ghana
Light Soup Ghana is a traditional indigenous soup of the GaDangme (or Ga) people of Ghana’s Greater Accra Region. Originally developed as a ‘Tomatoes-Base Sea Fish Light Soup’ called ‘Aklo” (or Aklor)’ for fishermen on Accra’s coast, it evolved over time into a soup prepared with both ‘fish and goat-meat,” “fish and lamb-meat,’ ‘fish and beef,’ or ‘exclusively the meat of the livestock of choice,’ and known as ‘Toolo Wonu’ by the GaDangmes (
It is not only easy to prepare, but it also complements fufu, rice, yam, banku, kenkey, and konkonte. It can also be flavored with boiled okro.
This hearty classic soup comes in beef, goat meat, hog meat, chicken, lamb, or mutton varieties.
It’s a delicious meal that you won’t want to miss if you enjoy Ghanaian cuisine.
Ghanaian light soup recipe
This recipe will show you how to cook light soup ghana the Ghanaian way. Light soup ghana is easy to make and goes well with fufu.
Ingredients in a light soup
The following are the ingredients needed to make light soup ghana. It should be noted that some of them are optional. Everything depends on the person.
– Garden eggs
– Driest fish
– Meat from cows
– four tomato slices
– Tomato puree
– Powdered pepper
– seasonings (garlic, ginger, seasoning)
– Rice, fufu, or banku?
• In a bowl of water, thoroughly wash and rinse your fish and meat. Remove any bones that you find.
• Blend the pepper, garlic, onion, and ginger together.
• Season with the garlic-ginger-pepper-onion-onion seasoning blend.To taste, season with a moderate amount of salt.
• Marinate for approximately 30 minutes.
• For around 8 minutes, steam on medium heat. Take the fish out of the stock to keep it from disintegrating.
• Peel and wash the onions and tomatoes, and peppers. Fill 2/3 of the cooking pot or saucepan with water and add it to the stock.
• Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables (onion, pepper, and tomatoes) are tender.
• Remove the vegetables, blend until smooth, and return them to the saucepan.
• Add in the desired amount of water.
• Add the fish, and season with salt to taste. Low heat for 10 minutes on medium heat.
• Your light soup is done.
Light Soup ghana can be diversify in many way. you can make a ghannian classic goat light soup or chichen .
How to make Goat Light soup|Fufu and Goat Light Soup Ghana Recipe
What You NEED
– 10 gram garlic
– a half kpakpo shito (or hot pepper)
– 10 gram ginger
– 1 arugula (also known as a garden egg in Ghana)
– 2 onions
– Tomato puree (50g)
– 500 g diced goat or half a chicken, diced 6 whole tomatoes
– Rice, fufu, or banku?
• Wash the ginger, garlic, chili, one onion, and three tomatoes, then drain and combine with the remaining onions in a blender. Season and blend to a paste.
•Place the mixture on the meat and let it marinate for 10 minutes.
• Place the meat in a pan and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
• Add tomato puree, cook for 10 minutes.
The 500ml of water should be added and simmered until the meat is tender.
• Dice the first three tomatoes, then dice the eggplant and add the final chopped onion. Cook for 30 minutes.
• Remove the onions and tomatoes from the soup and puree them in a blender before returning them to the soup. bring it to a simmer. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
• Serve with fufu, banku, or rice as desired.