Peanut Burger: Best Coated Peanuts Butter Recipe
Typical Nigerian food is crunchy peanut nibbles, often known as Peanut Burger. Before deep-frying in vegetable oil, it is produced using flour, peanuts, and other components. Peanut burger (coated groundnut) is a nutritious and healthful food that everyone enjoys.
As I said in my earlier piece, if you like groundnuts, you’ll adore the peanut burger. In Nigeria, Peanut Burger (coated groundnut) is also known as coated peanut.
A peanut burger, contrary to common misconception, is not a hamburger bun made entirely of peanuts. It is, nevertheless, a popular West African snack loved by both children and adults.
Homemade Snacks made from peanuts may be fried on the stovetop or baked in the oven. It is time to treat your family to a spicy and crispy coated peanuts burger snack. They are significantly superior to store-bought since you can customize the spices to your liking.
How to Prepare Peanut Burger
- Cups for measuring
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Frying pan or deep fryer
- Spoons for Measuring
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 cups raw groundnuts or peanuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (optional)
- Milk flavour(Optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Frying oil made from vegetables
- step1: To begin, place the roasted groundnuts/peanuts on a saucer or large bowl and separate any split or broken peanuts.
- step2: Second, mix all of the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, cornflour, baking powder, sugar, and nutmeg – and leave aside.
- step3: Crack the eggs into a large mixing basin, add the flavouring, and whisk until frothy. Scoop in 2 tablespoons of the dry flour mixture and whisk until the batter is somewhat runny.
- step4: Begin by sprinkling 1-2 spoons of egg batter consistency on top of the dried groundnut/peanut. Then, shake in a circular motion, scattering roughly 2-3 spoons of the flour mixture as you shake.
- step5: When shaking, the peanuts will most likely cling together; use a knife or your hand to separate and sprinkle extra dry flour mixture. Continue until the peanuts form a ball.
- step6: This process should be repeated 3-4 times until the ball or oval form is thoroughly coated. When the peanuts are well coated, they should seem smooth; transfer to a sieve to remove excess flour before frying.
- step7: Finally, heat the oil in a deep frying pan; add the first batch of peanuts and fry, turning constantly, for 5-7 minutes, or until the balls develop a golden colour. Repeat the process until all of the coated peanuts have been fried.
- step8: Remove from the heat and pour onto a sieve lined with a paper towel to drain the oil and cool fully before storing it in an airtight container.
- Add a drop of vanilla extract to the egg mixture for added flavour.
- You may also mix in 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1 teaspoon powdered milk to the flour.
How to Make Peanut Butter in Nigeria?
What You need to Get ready!
•Optional: 1 teaspoon honey
•3 cups shelled roasted peanuts
• A container
• Grinders and food processors
1. Remove the skins from the roasted peanuts.
2. place the peanuts in a food processor (The small type for dry ingredients). Process until the mixture is smooth.
3. Drizzle the honey over the paste and process it again.
4. Scrape down the bowl’s sides and place the peanut butter in an airtight jar or container.
5. If you don’t eat it all within a week, you may keep it in the fridge for up to two months.
•I didn’t add oil to mine since the oil in the nuts was more than enough.
•Depending on your taste, you might add some sugar, salt, or honey to yours.
See Related Article here: How to Make Peanut Burger Quick: Quick Coated Peanuts